Once again, I’m behind. Also, it was a fairly uneventful July – no races or anything fancy, but here it goes.
Miles Run: 50.15 miles (12 less than last month)
Time Running: 9:02:42
Average Pace: 10:49 min/mile
- Personal training session with Natalie of No Boundaries Fitness (Awesome! And “Ouch!”)
- Taekwondo at ATA Black Belt Academy
Pounds lost: None. Weight may have fluctuated some through the month, but I think I ended up just the same at the end as the beginning of the month
None – Hadn’t planned any and didn’t jump into any at the last minute.
- Two wonderful (pretty!) / awful (holy heat and humidity) runs on Myrtle Beach during vacation.
- Continued to run a variety of routes with a whole bunch of different ladies, including (drumroll) Nina who was in town one weekend, visiting her in-laws!
- Julie and I decided to run our September half marathon together to make it more fun and less daunting!
- Continue to be struggle with some minor physical issues/injuries. This month’s featured issue was an unhappy right hamstring. I’m starting to wonder if I’m wearing the wrong shoes and intend to 1) try lacing up my old ones for a few runs to see how that feels, 2) buying new ones in the near future, and 3) maybe seeing a foot doctor (a women who’s also a runner) for inserts. Two of my friends have seen her/gotten inserts and both ladies said it make a big difference.
- Two fitness, but not running related highlights:
- When I signed Emily up for taekwondo, I started taking classes myself. I’m not sure if I’m gong to be able to keep up with the schedule (too much running around once school starts?), but it’s something SuperFun that I definitely want to continue to pursue in the future. My favorite parts: 1) the “Ki-Haps” – where you shout as you throw a kick or punch, and 2) breaking “boards” (they’re re-breakable).
- Bob and I took the girls to Venture Outdoors/Kayak Pittsburgh to kayak along the rivers. Fun but hard work for the torso – especially when you’re doing all the rowing for two people! Everyone had a blast.
I don’t really have a strong finish this month. It was toward the end of the month that my cranky hamstring started to really bother me. However, even though it slowed me down a bit, it didn’t stop me completely! And now that I know exactly what’s wrong, I know what to do about it that allows me to keep running! I guess my strongest “finish” item is that, in spite of feeling “behind” on my half training, I’m starting to get excited about that race. Here’s hoping that August allows me to stay on track!
YTD Run-Down (Jan 1 to July 31, 2013):
Miles Run: 301.83
Time Running: 55:13:14
Average Pace: 10:58 min/mile
Jan = 23.53 miles
Feb = 43.92
Mar = 36.79
Apr = 8.39
May = 46.39
June = 62.08